Annapolitans are eager to celebrate Independence Day and participate in the city’s “Welcome Back” festivities from July 2 to July 4, 2021 after last year’s cancellation because of the pandemic. Depending on the COVID-19 public health situation, the following are the major events tentatively scheduled by the city.
Friday, July 2
- Live Music Performances on Parole Stage at Chambers Park – 4 to 10 p.m.
- Family Picnic Night at Bates Athletic Complex – 4 to 10 p.m.
- Dinner Under the Stars on West Street – 5 to 11 p.m.
- Tall Ship Arrival in Annapolis Harbor – Time TBD
Saturday, July 3
Annapolis Independence Day Parade – 10:30 a.m.
The parade will start at 10:30 a.m. on West Street at Amos Garrett, proceeding to Main Street, and finishing at City Dock. It will be a good idea to reserve your viewing spot early along the route because it’s been a very popular event over the years.
Paca Garden and Hogshead Tours at Historic Downtown – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Outdoor Market at Clock Tower – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Chalk Art, Hula Hoops, and Bubble Machines at Upper Main Street – 12 to 4 p.m.
- Live Music at Upper Main Street – 2 to 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 4
First Sunday Arts Festival on Inner West Street – 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Historic Downtown Dining on Upper Main Street – 4 to 10 p.m.
- Choir Groups at People’s Park – 9 a.m. to Noon
- Eastport Parade – Time TBD
4th of July Fireworks – 9 p.m.
You can secure a terrific view of the fireworks by laying your blanket or setting up your lawn chair in one of the public areas at City Dock, northeast of the Severn River, along the Naval Academy Bridge, or on the street-end parks facing Spa Creek. It is advisable to get there early due to limited parking close to the best viewing spots.
For City Info: 4th of July 2021 Annapolis Events
Red Hot & Blue Annapolis Highlights
Founded in 1988, Red Hot & Blue Annapolis is a full-service, casual-themed restaurant chain and caterer featuring delicious award-winning ribs, Memphis-style barbecue, smoked wings, and Southern sides and desserts.
The atmosphere is steeped in legendary and contemporary blues music and delivers a large dose of Southern hospitality in a fun and entertaining dining environment. Bring your friends and family to our warm and friendly Annapolis location today!